We recently got in touch with Kevin (Bass) of Dr.Acula to have a chat about their new album and what they’re up to now, here’s what he had to say!
· To start off, can you introduce yourselves and tell us a bit about the band?
We are Dr. Acula, from Ny/Nj. we started in 2005 and have been through a lot of changes but we are set on this line up and have no plans to change any time soon.
· So your most recent release, Nation, has literally just come out, what was the process of writing and recording like?
It was pretty easy going. Wrote the album in the basement of my house with Ricky, Jsse and Bill and then just hit the studio with our producer and got to working.
· Have you started playing any of the songs live? What has the reception been like to them?
We play 2 new songs as of now but kids seem to really dig them a lot so we definitely will be adding more in as the tour progresses.
· As a band you’re also known to be comical in the sense that samples from Films and TV shows are used in your tracks, how did this come about?
I guess it was a cool concept at the time and only a handful of bands did it. Now the scene is over ran with that sort of thing.
· You have now also been signed to Victory Records since Slander, how are you finding your time at the label so far?
Victory has been great to us. They have been a BIG help with everything and just being nice people. They let us do us.
· We’ve listened through Nation a few times now and we think it is a killer record! What has influenced the album and what is your favourite track from the record?
I love “the partys over” and it kinda just spells out our message : say and feel how you want and not how other want or expect you to be
Moving on to some different questions
· What’s the craziest thing a fan has ever done or said?
I had a kid in Utah ask me to lunch for no reason, he made me feel completely uncomfortable.
· Any embarrassing tour stories to share with us?
Hard to pick just one honestly… so many!
· What music do you listen to yourselves?
In the van we play everything metallica to jedi mind tricks to paramore at any given time.
· What do you take on tour that you wouldn’t want your parents to know about?
Me personally nothing, I just bring clothes and hats. But the other guys, I don’t want to know. ha
· Who are your influences?
A lot of rock and roll and pop punk
· Do you look up to any other bands?
I look up to Bayside and Taking Back Sunday since they are from around the same area as I am.
· How is the touring life?
Its hard but totally worth it!
· Any upcoming tours to announce?
The Legend tour starts mid july. Check our facebook out for updates https://www.facebook.com/Dr.AculaBAND
· What’s next for Dr.Acula?
You’ll know when I know!